Market Night 'dun dun dun'


I am having a Market Night and I am terrified. Why would I tell you I am terrified I hear you ask. Well a market night is a pretty big deal. I sell my items online but mostly in shops. I haven't been brave enough to hold a market night in the 2 years and 4 months that I have been trading because of 'the fear'! What happens if I don't sell anything? What happens if no one sees my posts, what happens if people share my items and comment that no one is buying anything, have I then failed?

The reality is that its okay. If I don't sell anything I then have new stock to send to the shops I stock in. It's okay because I also need more stock for the online market places I stock in and it also probably means I  haven't failed. When you create things you are baring a part of your inner self. Even if its a practical item like a fabric storage pot or bunting, you have spent time and effort and passion to create this item and make it wonderful. So when you put your creations out there it is tough to see people's reactions, or lack of them. Its tough when people comment and tag a friend and say 'Oi wendy, can you can make this cheaper', It's hard when the facebook reach decides to share your post with 25 people when you actually have nearly 1500 followers. So with a Market Night on the horizon, all these thoughts are wizzing through my mind.


So how am I combating those thoughts that are wizzing around??? Well I suppose I am writing this blog to help. Trying to get these thoughts out of the worry side of my brain and into the don't worry I am dealing with it side. I am also throwing my efforts into making lots of scrummy items and I am also holding my fingers crossed very tightly that I make at least 1 sale!

So If you are reading this blog post then please feel free to visit my facebook page on Market Night (26th of September at 8pm), or even anyone's page on Market Night. You don't have to necessarily buy anything if nothing takes your fancy but what you can do is feel free to share their work with your friends, feel free to leave a nice comment on a picture because every-time you comment on a picture on facebook, your friends will see that comment on that picture and your friend may just buy something.  And those small efforts do make such a difference to us small businesses.
Right better go, 'the fear' is building again so I probably need to busy myself once again.


Comments

  1. I love how you bare your soul it makes great reading and fear not you will have at least one or two sales as a couple of things have caught my eye :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa that's lovely! And thank you. You are being so supportive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so going to rock that market night my lady, fear thee not :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment