Time Management with a Butterfly Brain.

For some time now I have understood myself well enough to realise that I have a butterfly brain.  There you are, I said it! I see something distracting or pretty or even glittery OR I have a brand new idea and BLIP I have lost 100% of my concentration or the ability to process the idea or task I was just working on.  This is something I am not sure I can fix but what I do know is that I can work on my time management to hopefully reduce the butterfly moments.  

Deep down we all have the need to structure our days.  Whether we are stay at home mums whose children need routines or busy working people who need time structured around their day to get to work on time or get work focused jobs done.  If like me, you stay at home AND work from home, time management becomes one massive job that is sometimes easier to put off then tackle.  What I have found is that I borrow time constantly.  This borrowed time is fab in some ways as I start the day with hopes of getting certain stuff done and I find a small window and it happens..Success its done!!! BUT the reality is, that I start lots of tasks and then have lots unfinished because instead of sewing up that bag that would take 5 minutes, I am instead making the beds.  Why am I making beds at that time?  Well, instead of doing it when we woke up I was cutting out a design I had lurking in the front of my brain that I didn't want to forget! That is typical for me and how I work.

So...what am I going to do... I am going to attempt to structure my week. I am not going to go overboard and have an hour by hour timetable because that would be too much of a shock to my system but what I am going to do is ease my way into it.  I am going to structure the space I work in, so, when it is a work day, the area I work in is clearly defined.  I am also going to have certain days when I work and certain days when I don't...that is the start of me time managing Doodlemakes.  If I do achieve this then hopefully I can add in a sneaky timetable!!!   I am also going to start writing things down, in an organised way....I should perhaps explain about my note writing but we shall save that for another day.

Comments

  1. Yay! Lovely post! I really look forward to reading about all the goings on a Doodlemakes HQ :) Shelly X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant post and this sounds so like me, I have numerous notebooks of which I write in all of them, then have trouble finding where I wrote something. I really need to work on my time management for sure. I look forward to hearing how you get on and to all the other lovely news I am sure you will be sharing.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment